Saturday, January 15, 2005

Israel: The Imperial Occupier or Occupied Imperialist?

http://www.mcdonalds.co.il/popups/mcshoarma.mpg

Can you fucking believe this?

A few years back there was a McDonald's offering, McFalafel. After three years of telling people that I had seen such a thing and no one else having known anything of this McWorld apparition, I was recently validated. Another human being had seen and remembered the ads for this big-ass falafel patty sandwiched in between two sesame seed buns.

So with some online proof, it is very important to me that as many people as possible learn of the McShoarma (they're spelling, not mine) so that I'll have who to make fun of it when it goes off the market in, I'm guessing, a couple of weeks.

Come on Ronald, you're business in Israel is overpriced, shitty hamburgers. I understand the sensitivities of adding local items to the menu, it's important to mask that whole imperialist American colonialist occupying corporation stigma. But I would suggest that is more of a concern in a place like India where the locals might have a moral objection to overpriced, shitty hamburgers of their god. Or in America, where stupid, fat fucks think a McVeggie burger is a) really vegetarian (you know, like the fries) and b) fat-free, low-fat and/or healthy (you know, like the fries).

Here in Israel, you're not fooling anybody.

And, this is where I have to admit that I am totally wrong. McDonald's is fooling everybody. But not me, except once a month, when I get that Big Mac attack. And we all know, there's only one way to subdue a Big Mac attack.

1 Comments:

At 6:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go home to America. Return 250 shekels a month and pay for your own education. This how you become a man.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home